27 January 2008

Dreams of Embarassment

You know that dream you have where you went to class and forgot to get dressed? And you sit there trying to cover your private parts hoping no one will notice. (If you've never had a dream like this, please just nod and smile so I don't feel weird.)

Well, the other night I had a similar dream. Some background info. first:

Here females wear long skirts. Some ladies wear pants/long shorts (myself included), but they always cover to your knee. Although people are very comfortable with women's upper bodies, from the knee to hip is a big deal.

I have a short skirt (by local standards) that I wear around the house to keep cool. But I would never wear it anywhere else.

Now my dream: I forgot to change from my short skirt to a long skirt and then went to school. In my dream I had that same nervous feeling as if I had nothing on, and just hoped no one would notice. (Turns out the sheet came off my legs.)

I'm ready to come home and feel comfortable in my clothes again!


Andrew's parents are coming to visit us WEDNESDAY!!! Woo hoo! AND they're bringing CHEESE!!

2 comments:

Christy said...

Do you think it will be weird to wear shorts and pants again? Or do you think you'll keep wearing skirts?

Megan said...

I'll DEFINITELY wear pants and shorts again. I think the shorts will feel weird at first, but I bet the weirdness will wear off very quickly. One good thing - I am much more relaxed in skirts than I used to be, and I think that will stay with me.