06 August 2007

Sharks, Dolphins and Flying Fish

On our first full day on the island we went to Ant Atoll which is a small island five or six miles west of Pohnpei. This is a truly beautiful place and we enjoyed our time there immensely.

While snorkeling I spotted a shark and took its picture with our new underwater case...


The water was very warm and clear...


While snorkeling we also saw a sting ray. On boat ride back home we saw a dolphin and a flying fish. The flying fish was pretty amazing it hovered a few feet over the water and then dove back in the water. It was pretty cool, sorry no pics. But it was kinda like this one.

1 comment:

Christy said...

Wow! You guys seem to be having the time of your life. I love the picture of the shark. I've only snorkeled once (in Aruba) and all I saw were blue parrot fish. They were pretty cool. A shark probably would've scared me!

The flying fish seems neat too. I'm glad you're seeing neat things!