16 August 2007

Call me Instructor Boes

Hello again, Megan and I had a very busy week this week. On Tuesday I was informed that I would be able to teach a class at the College of Micronesia (COM) national campus. I am teaching business math on Tuesday's and Thursday's. The national campus is for students from all of Micronesia and is about 6 miles from our house in Kolonia. I will also be teaching at the Pohnpei state campus which is about 1 mile from our house. I will teach Elem. Algebra on MTuWThF. All in all I will be teaching 9 credits. The best thing is that I get a free Internet connection and air conditioned office. YES!

Classes began on Thursday and so I was running (actually biking) around between the two campuses getting syllabuses and 1st day quizzes ready on Wednesday. My first day of teaching went rather well although I was a little shocked that the business math students (numbered 110) seemed to be more reserved and confused that the algebra students (number 096). Maybe it was the grim reaper suit I was wearing, who knows?

No comments: