22 May 2012

Austin Crawls

Austin's been on the verge of crawling for a good week. He crawls backward, goes to sitting, and some might even say he can stand and take a step. But he just couldn't crawl forward.

Overall, Austin is a good sleeper, but last night was relatively restless. I heard him whimpering at 5:05 this morning. I thought he might go back to sleep on his own, but at 5:15 the noise turned to crying, so I went in. There he was, crying, on all fours, with his eyes completely closed. Apparently not being able to crawl was causing him a good deal of stress.

He kept trying to crawl all morning, and he finally figured it out. I did a double take when he actually did it, because it looked so effortless, I didn't think it was a new trick. He crawled more just before afternoon nap time. He's taking a really good nap right now.
 

2 comments:

Marsha said...

Learning to crawl can tire a little boy out (and his mom, too).

Marshee said...

Adorable kids :-)