25 May 2011

Grandma and Pa Visit from PA!

Recent conversations

Pa: Hi Stinky!
Chase: No stinky. Just Chase.

About a picture of a chicken egg with chick legs poking through.
Chase: Egg running!
Me: How can an egg run?!
C: A have legs.
M: Why does the egg have legs?
C: Because... (long pause) ... a fire.
(First time I ever observed him answer a why question or use the word because.)

Chase wanted to go to the playground, but Andrew and I had things to do. I told Chase to ask Pa. Pa agreed.
Chase: Come on. I show you.

We are battling ants in our home. I often say, "get out of my house, ants!" and Chase has learned to say this too, although he likes the ants. Chase woke up one morning.
Chase: Hi Mommy!
Me: Good Morning Chase. Did you have any dreams?
C: (with a mischievous grin) Ants! Ants here! (Pointing at carpet) Ants here! (Pointing at wall) Ants here! (Pointing at door) Ants here! (Pointing at bed, all while watching for my reaction)

Chase: No no Oliver! No lickin' p*n*s! (With appropriate vowels, repeatedly, really loud, first thing in morning, waking Dad, and possibly both my parents. Oliver is our dog, with an embarrassing habbit.)

(Mis-)Pronunciations
Oatbeal (oatmeal)
Botmom (bottom)
Paggy (spaghetti, although he's already outgrown this one)
Megan (with a smirk, for Mommy... ok not exactly a pronouncement issue)
Busich (music)

Pictures to follow. Annoyingly one at a time as I post from my phone. :o)

No comments: