21 August 2008

Fourteen Weeks: Baby Baby Baby!

Long before I ever seriously considered having a baby, my friend, Kristen, told me a story. Kristen had had pregnant friend who cared about nothing other than her pregnancy and baby. While Kristen completely understood why her friend's interests had changed, she was frustrated that the friend had zero interest in anything else, including Kristen's life. Kristen's an especially comical story-teller, and repeatedly imitated her friend saying nothing other than, "Baby, baby, BAABBYYY!" (Kristen did this rolling her eyes with an exasperated expression.) Kristen made me laugh, but it also left an impression on me. I hope to be a well-rounded, interesting, fun, good friend and mama.

So now, at the risk of boring the pants off most of you (if you're bored, don't take your pants off, just skip these kinds of posts), and for the benefit of my parents on the other side of the country (who are interested) and for myself (to record & remember stuff), let the baby baby baby posts begin!

On June 11th, I took a pregnancy test. There was a an obvious positive plus. Of course I took the second one in the pack later the same day... just to make sure. Andrew and I were really REALLY happy. Here's the proof:
Yesterday was the second check-up. The baby's heart beat (152 bmp!) was heard for the first time. In the video, you can hear it. What you see is the ceiling of the room.

It only sounds sporadic because our midwife was still moving it around to find the strongest spot. After I stopped recording, she found a really strong spot. It was so loud you could hear it in the next room.

4 comments:

Dr. C. said...

Your family in Cali are excited to hear about baby, too, so keep up the posts!

Herm said...

Plus your family in the same house ;-) are excited as well.

Christy said...

I love hearing pregnancy updates so you can make posts like this all the time! Glad everything is going well.

Sharon said...

Ditto Christy